Weantinoge Fall Celebration
Weantinoge Heritage Land Trust
Saturday, September 15 from 8 AM �" 2 PM
Rain Date, Sunday September 16
Smyrski Farm, 237 Merryall Road, New Milford, CT
Weantinoge Heritage Land Trust will host its annual, free, Fall Celebration on Saturday, September 15 from 8 AM �" 2 PM at the Smyrski Farm Preserve, a 220-acre farm that has been in continuous use for over 200 years. This family-friendly event is open to all and brings communities together to celebrate and appreciate local agriculture, history, and conservation. Last year, over 400 guests of all ages joined from Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. Activities include:
- Tethered hot-air balloon rides starting at 8 AM;
- Free continental breakfast and BBQ lunch;
- Birds of prey show presented by Sharon Audubon;
- Farm animal petting zoo including calves, pot belly pigs, ducks, rabbits, sheep, donkey;
- Hayrides, face and pumpkin painting, nature walks, games, barn tours;
- Live music by Switch Factory, a local bluegrass band.
Weantinoge Heritage Land Trust is a guardian of natural and working lands, public recreation areas, and drinking water resources. As Connecticut’s largest land trust and regional conservation leader, the Trust preserves vast, connected natural areas including 10,000 acres in Northwest Connecticut. The Trust’s protected lands include 28 working farms, 12 public nature preserves with 18 miles of hiking trails, and over 160 wildlife sanctuaries. Weantinoge promotes a love of nature through its educational programs and Fall Celebration that serve over 1,000 families each year. For more information, please visit www.weantinoge.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location & Directions
New Milford, CT 06757